Monday 18 July 2011

the ultimate pinoy Cold treat: Ice Candy by-trixie

 ICE CANDY







I got this from ingredient list and how to make them from this site: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=175995.0
while I was google-ing "Ice Candy"


BUKO ICE CANDY
1 can condensed milk (300ml)
1- 1/2 cup grated buko
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups coconut water
1/2 gallon water

- Mix all ingredients together: condensed milk, grated buko, white sugar,vanilla,coconut water and water.
- Mix well until sugar is dissolved and condensed milk well blended.
- Prepare the container or ice candy plastic bags and pour the mixture with a funnel to make ice candies. Makes 40-50 pcs. ice candies.

***

PINEAPPLE ICE CANDY
4 cups pineapple Juice
1/2 gallon water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp pineapple extract

- Dissolve sugar in water thoroughly before adding all ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together: pineapple juice, pineapple extract, sugar and water.
- Prepare the container or ice candy plastic bags and pour the mixture with a funnel to make ice candies. Makes 30-40 pcs. ice candies.

***

CORN ICE CANDY
1 can condensed milk (300 mI)
1 cup creamed corn (canned)
1/2 gallon water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

-  Mix all ingredients together: condensed milk, creamed corn,vanilla and water.
- Mix well until sugar is dissolved and condensed milk well blended.
- Prepare the container or ice candy plastic bags and pour the mixture with a funnel to make ice candies. Makes 30-40 pcs. ice candies.







Of course this is only half of the things you could probably make Ice candy with. I wasn't introduced to this until I came to the Philippines on 2007. I grew up in the states and since It's pretty hot in the Philippines. I figured buying a cold treat. I never went around but I did tell my other cousins that grew up here to buy me something cold and they came back with this plastic hard thing,they called "Ice Candy" although they did pronounce it "Ice Kendi". I wonder on what it was but of course I not a total foreigner to be complaining about the packaging and what not. I figured trying it out. I remember mine was mango flavored and I immediately fell inlove with it. O.O It was awesome and really cheap. I bought mine for 3 Pesos. Now a day they sell Ice candy for about 5-10 pesos(depending on the size). What's even cooler about the the Ice Candy is that you can make it ! and it's fairly Easy. You can also choose what flavors you'd like to make and choose how big you want them. They usually sell this around summer time or any hot weather. This has been a locally made version of the Ice Pops in the States(USA) and or "Ghiacciolo" of Italy. These can be bought mostly anywhere within the Philippines. Although you can't buy Ice Candy from Asian stores in America. There are some Asian families(like mine) that make them themselves for the family to share. This is an awesome and very loved frozen treat of the Philippines. You're a Filipino, if you know what an ICE CANDY is. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment